Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
DIYJeffreyK Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:05:23 PM(UTC)

I found the disposal in my QPIII was jammed. To clean remove the screw holding the up tube. Remove the pump to uptune and the 4 torz bolts. The filter housing will slide off. Underneath there is one more torx bolt. Reomove it and the cover for the disposal can be popped off. I found a knife blade tip, citrus nuts, chips from plates, a juice bag straw cover and tons of crap. You can also pull off screen and clean in there. Bolt back up and away we go.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:08:26 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sjenderlin Go to Quoted Post
The noise happens during the wash cycle. there doesn't appear to be anything in the sump, but I haven't taken it apart. Any suggestions?

thanks for your help!

I would reccomend, you start by removing the accumulator and filter, and check the sump assembly first. That's the most likely situation, you may need to remove the motor and impeller, and check to see if it's been damaged or has an obstruction in it.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
sjenderlin Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:52:57 PM(UTC)

The noise happens during the wash cycle. there doesn't appear to be anything in the sump, but I haven't taken it apart. Any suggestions?

thanks for your help!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:40:58 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sjenderlin Go to Quoted Post
Dishwasher just started to make an awful loud buzzing noise during the wash cycle - its definitely not Quiet any longer! HELP!

sjenderlin,

When does the noise occur, what part of the cycle ?

At the start of the cycle, it could be a fill valve solenoid.
During the wash cycle, it could be an article in the sump.
In a drain cycle, it could be something in the drain pump.

A better description would give us a lot better idea where to start.

Thanks,

:) :) :)
sjenderlin Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:33:11 AM(UTC)

Dishwasher just started to make an awful loud buzzing noise during the wash cycle - its definitely not Quiet any longer! HELP!