Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:46:52 PM(UTC)

Check to make sure the motor is not overheating. If it is, the timer contact leaf springs may be warped and the contacts badly damaged. If so, probably not worth fixing.
erichmann Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:35:58 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply, and I'll try that. The more I monkeyed with it yesterday, I also noticed that contacts for the rinse and spin functions seemed displaced, that is, I had to turn the control past the "spin" indicator, then engage it, to get it to spin. If I point it directly at Spin, it fills to start another rinse. I have to press the knob, and turn it another several degrees before it will spin.

So, I wonder if that also indicates some worn or displaced contacts in the timer. I will look, first, then probably have to order one. Better than a new washer or a $350 service call on an old washer.

Thanks again.
richappy Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:06:08 AM(UTC)

I would pull the cover off the timer and check the contacts, probably bad, if so, order a new timer AP4026544
erichmann Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:06:40 PM(UTC)

This machine starts normally, but will not go to spin cycle automatically. It will just continue to agitate through the spin and rinses, until it shuts off. When the control/timer dial gets to "Spin", or past it, if you push in on the the knob, which stops the machine action, then pull it back out, it spins. It will then start to fill for another rinse, but, it will still skip the next spin, and later shut off when the timer dial gets to "off"; if you then depress the knob, turn it to any "Spin" position, and pull the knob out, it will again spin for the duration of that spin cycle. This works every time. Every other feature seems to work (it drains, it fills, it releases fabric softener, etc.). One time when it delayed spinning, I lifted the door, let it close, and it started spinning. But that doesn't work every time.

I already replaced both drive belts, because they were old. Do I need a new timer? Or, could it just be that door lid switch? Or??