Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:54:08 AM(UTC)

The picture I was referring to was from a past response.I am hoping someone will respond that has done this before.
neenab1 Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 11:46:06 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the help. Don't know what picture you were looking at. I never posted a pic.
richappy Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 11:22:15 AM(UTC)

You have a plastic outer tub AP4048569 A few people that used this site did this job and regret it and probably want to forget it@#*.
Have looked at pictures showing a badly rusted hub that looked like it was impossible to pull it off with a gear puller.
Maybe they will respond with better info.
You can go to web site www.applianceaid.com for specific info.
neenab1 Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 9:43:47 AM(UTC)

I understand if it were a plastic tub but this one is stainless steel & commercial grade. I just needed to know what type pf tools would I need & where to get them if they were special tools.I also have tools that I use for Speedqueen washers & wondered if they would work?
richappy Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 2:50:19 AM(UTC)

There is a sad history of bearing failures with these Amana plastic tub washers.
Once the seal and bearing fails, new bearing and seal replacement does not last that long!
At $125 for a bearing/seal kit, use of a rented bearing puller, and a lot of labor, it makes sense to put the money toward a new washer.
neenab1 Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2011 8:15:49 PM(UTC)

I need to replace the bearing in my Amana model # ALW880QAW1, top loader commercial capacity. Could someone please let me know what is the tool I need to remove the bearing as well as the seal and then if I need a tool to place it back on.