Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:55:05 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
ohgee Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:11:26 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene, I just wanted to know if the top of agitator pulled off or what. After sending message I tried it and no problem I see the bolt. I can see the dog mechanism (clutch thing) looks like the problem. I've been a mechanic all my life but lost some confidence at age seventy. I'm going to order the kit right away. Thanks again. Great site. ohgee. (now I hope I'm sending this to the right place)
Gene Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:44:19 PM(UTC)

As you can see on the diagram, you have to remove the fabric softener dispenser, the inner agitator cap and the agitator bolt.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer Model LSQ8543JQ0

Gene.
ohgee Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:27:23 PM(UTC)

Sounds like I have somewhat same problem but I cant figure out how to open top part of agitator to get down to dog ears. (or bolt) does the top part just get pried and pull off?
diytoot Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:33:08 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all your help. After two weeks.... hours on-line researching and toubleshooting I threw in the towel....put the washer back together and took it to our local appl. repair guy and he found that the transmission was bad. So instead of spending $200 + to fix an 8yr. old washer, I bought a like-new Speed Queen from him for $200. Other than my wife being pissed off, I don't regret trying to fix it myself. I learned a lot about washers and that there are good people out there willing to help their fellow man. Thanks to all the DIY's and professionals on-line.
richappy Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:41:02 AM(UTC)

If the basket seems loose, you might have a bad drive block or bad spin tube tabs.
Put the drive block nut on half way, pound down on the nut and pull up on the spin basket to break it free, then pull it off. Inspect the spin tube tabs for wear.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:41:38 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay. You can find the complete instructions in the Service manual.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer Model LSQ8543JQ0

Gene.
diytoot Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:16:48 AM(UTC)

I managed to get the spanner nut off with a lot of pounding and DW40 but the drive block looks fine and so does the spin tube. What are bad clutch and tranny symptoms?
diytoot Posted: Friday, January 9, 2009 9:46:07 AM(UTC)

What would the symptoms of a bad clutch be?
diytoot Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:09:27 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene I looked at your reply on replacing the drive block so I'll try that tonight. I'm sure I speak for a lot of DIYers when I say I really appreciate the way you are sharing your time and knowledge by giving back so generously.