Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:32:34 AM(UTC)

Great, glad you got it out and thanks for the update.
bluesramsrock Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:28:47 AM(UTC)

Thanks I couldn't see where the tabs were but found them. Thanks again.
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 4:45:13 PM(UTC)

I assume you have taken off the back of the console, if not take out the screws that hold it on and take it off.

There is a tab at the top of the switch. Depress it with a screw driver and pivot the switch from the top to get it out.
bluesramsrock Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 10:45:33 AM(UTC)

The "fluff" button the temperature control switch is stuck open. So when I press it won't return and thus I have no heat.

I would like to see if I can improve the situation by removing the switch before I order a replacement. I can't determine how to pop the switch out of the main assembly. I afraid I'm going to break the plastic and complicte matters. Even if I can't fix the old switch I will still need to remove it to replace it, thanks in advance.

Switch, temperature Part Number: AP4042479 This is a Maytag part I need to order. Is there related installation instructions? I don't know how to remove the old one.
Jerry C.: For repair questions, you should visit the repair forum. There are technicians there that will answer all your repair questions. I will post a link.