Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, April 4, 2011 5:35:42 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: msdevery Go to Quoted Post
I removed the large gear at the base of the compactor and manually rotated the gear on the stuck side of the unit. After several minutes of this, the plastic material was able to be removed with an improvised tool made from a wire hanger.

Msdevery,

Great job,

Knew you could handle it.

Thanks for the update.

Remember to keep an eye on the plastic trash bags.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
msdevery Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:13:59 AM(UTC)

I removed the large gear at the base of the compactor and manually rotated the gear on the stuck side of the unit. After several minutes of this, the plastic material was able to be removed with an improvised tool made from a wire hanger.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:45:13 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: msdevery Go to Quoted Post
My unit is stuck in the up position. After examining it, it was noticed that some plastic material had migrated from the trash bag and wound itself around the left worm gear. When the unit is operated, it just hums. Is it possible to break the unit down enough to get at the worm gear to remove plastic or replace the assembly?

MSdevery,

That's a common occurrence, the plastic bag has been a problem for some time.

In most cases, once you unplug the power cord, and get access to, and remove the cabinet top panel, you can reach in and untwist the bag off the shaft, you can also manually turn the drive shaft slowly, and pull the plastic off the shaft and gear, if necessary.

I'm giving you "general" information, you didn't supply a model number, we can be more precise and accurate with the model number.

:) :) :)
msdevery Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:51:57 AM(UTC)

My unit is stuck in the up position. After examining it, it was noticed that some plastic material had migrated from the trash bag and wound itself around the left worm gear. When the unit is operated, it just hums. Is it possible to break the unit down enough to get at the worm gear to remove plastic or replace the assembly?