Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:49:26 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: karwar2223@aol.com Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe,

Yes, the service tech replaced the strike and latch assembly. In fact it was just a little longer than the original. He did check the door to make sure it was level. I will check the racks and walls of the tub (I was told the tub was still under warranty). But the concern was that we would still have to put a new gasket on the tub which may or may not solve the current problem. The door stays shut when it is not in use, then pops open once it starts up and continues to open through out the cycle. None of this was an issue before puttig the new gasket on the tub.

Karwar,

I'm presuming he orderred the corect part numbers for the gasket and latch assembly, so he installed the most recently produced parts, there were several revisions on those parts, in the recent past.

Based on your post he has followed all the reccomended checks, repairs and adjustments by the factory technical services dept.

Leaving a warped tub or rack or track problem.

At one point, the engineers thought that, too hot a water temperature and detergent foaming in the wash cycle was part of the problem, but I never had that particular occurence.

:) :) :)
karwar2223@aol.com Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:23:25 AM(UTC)

Thanks Joe,

Yes, the service tech replaced the strike and latch assembly. In fact it was just a little longer than the original. He did check the door to make sure it was level. I will check the racks and walls of the tub (I was told the tub was still under warranty). But the concern was that we would still have to put a new gasket on the tub which may or may not solve the current problem. The door stays shut when it is not in use, then pops open once it starts up and continues to open through out the cycle. None of this was an issue before puttig the new gasket on the tub.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:02:31 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: karwar2223@aol.com Go to Quoted Post
Our Kitchen Aid dishwasher (six years old) was leaking. Service repair said it was the gasket. They replaced the gasket, but the door would not stay closed unless you wedged it shut. Then we were told the latch and strike needed to be replaced. The door continues to open during the cycles. You have to keep a wedge in the door to keep it shut. They have used a heat gun and a clothes steamer on the gasket in hopes to reset the new gasket. Three months later we are still litturally putting a "cork" in the door inorder to use the dishwasher. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue.

Karwar,

Did the servicer install the door strike and latch assembly ?

Part number: AP4262183
Part number: AP4262183

Part number: AP3996721
Part number: AP3996721

You will also need to check all the walls of the dishwasher tank, and the inner door liner, to make sure they are not bowed or warped in or out.

Check and make sure all the racks(especially the top rack) are all rolling all the way back into the stop position and are as far back as possible.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
karwar2223@aol.com Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:45:32 AM(UTC)

Our Kitchen Aid dishwasher (six years old) was leaking. Service repair said it was the gasket. They replaced the gasket, but the door would not stay closed unless you wedged it shut. Then we were told the latch and strike needed to be replaced. The door continues to open during the cycles. You have to keep a wedge in the door to keep it shut. They have used a heat gun and a clothes steamer on the gasket in hopes to reset the new gasket. Three months later we are still litturally putting a "cork" in the door inorder to use the dishwasher. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue.