Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jondoyle24 Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:41:49 AM(UTC)

Hi,
Ge Gld5700n00bb

i found an electrical schematic and some basic trouble shooting instructions folded up under the unit.

I entered the Technicians mode, and pressed option #2 which tests the Main Pump for 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes the water was still at the bottom.
I performed the same text option #3 for the Auxillary Pump. That ran for a minute and removed 100% of the water at the bottom. I than proceeded to refill the bottom of the unit with a few pots of water, ran Main pump test which didnt do anything.. and then ran Aux. pump test again which ultimately emptied the entire bottom again which i could see and hear emptying into the sink.

Im confused: the wiring schematic shows a pump. it doesnt show an auxillary pump...

Also, i broke out my volt meter and i have 120 volts at the pump.
this is all the troubleshooting ive been able to do so far.

thanks for anyhelp everyone.
J
denman Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:00:16 AM(UTC)

A model number may help others help you

Model Number Locator
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Jondoyle24 Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:40:50 AM(UTC)

Hi,
My wife and i started noticing that our dishwasher wouldnt drain. I took it apart and found a few things in the bottom of a one way diaphram.
I disassembled the line from the pump back to the air gap and all the way down to the disposal and found no kinks or blockages.
I reassembled and ran again, same thing.

I searched this site and found another thread about non-draining issues and ran a rinse cycle. for the last 2 minutes there was a low sound from the bottom, that was kind of a buzzing and i saw and felt water in the line to the air gap. i believe it was moving, but i dont know how hard or fast since i DID see a few air bubbles moving inside the clear tube.

Can a pump be partially dead, i.e. not enough pressure to send the water back? i dont see any blocks in the line and dont want to start tearing it all apart.
thanks in advance. this is my first time to this site and its fantastic. i see alot of future purchases coming from here for me :0)

JON