Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
cammyj1967 Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 8:43:24 AM(UTC)

your very welcome. Glad it worked out.
JimDaddy Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 7:21:33 AM(UTC)

Ok Cammyj, installed new switch (with a little difficulty) as I could not seem to get the switch to stay in until I backed it up a little after pushing it into the slots. Anyway, the washing machine is working like new. I cant thank you enough, I'm sure I saved a $100 bucks. Took the old switch apart, no fuse, but there was a burn mark on the plastic cover just below one of the contacts.
JimDaddy Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:27:06 PM(UTC)

Yeah, its a remove and replace era, once I disassembled a timer motor for a dishwasher and found the "plastic" gear that was missing 2 teeth, so, I took the part to a appliance parts store and the guy laughed at me, and told me that I had to buy the complete new timer motor.......I guess thats how companies stay in business, make cheap parts that will break. Years ago everything was made of metal. Oh well, progress......I'll let ya know how I made out tomorrow. thanks, Jim
cammyj1967 Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:28:41 AM(UTC)

you know i have never tore one open. You will have to tell me after your replacement is in and working.
JimDaddy Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:50:53 AM(UTC)

Hey, thanks, you da man. Just being inquisitive, is there a fuse inside the lid switch?, as it is marked 125V, 10.5A, 60 cycle
cammyj1967 Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:54:43 AM(UTC)

replace the lid switch and you should be good.
JimDaddy Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:00:10 AM(UTC)

Ok, ohm'd out door switch. Nothing between Line and any other terminal. Nothing between Neutral and any other terminal. Only continuity is between motor and machine terminals, with plunger pushed in during continuity test.
cammyj1967 Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:12:24 PM(UTC)

no problem, that switch was a common problem on the Maytags. 15 year plus Maytag factory repairman and i was never lonely like the guy in the commercials.
JimDaddy Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:09:56 PM(UTC)

Ok, thanks, now all I gotta do is find my ohm meter.....lol
cammyj1967 Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:04:28 PM(UTC)

Ok that is the newer style of lid switch assy and it will prevent the machine from doing anything including fill, spin. It would be a good bet that the switch would need to be replaced. You can however ohm the switch out to be sure if you have the wiring diagram for your washer.