Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, February 7, 2011 12:06:50 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.
Maxwellhaus Posted: Monday, February 7, 2011 6:24:59 AM(UTC)

The ignitor fixed it, you saved me $700. Thanks Gene.
Gene Posted: Friday, February 4, 2011 12:09:09 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Maxwellhaus Posted: Thursday, February 3, 2011 6:00:35 PM(UTC)

Thank you Gene.
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:17:41 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Maxwellhaus Go to Quoted Post
Bake stopped working, no gas smell, no hint of it trying to work. To troubleshoot I took the ignitor for bake side out,took it to the appliance repair shop for a new one, he tested it said it was good. He said it could be a thermostat, I checked the power to the plug at the bottom of the stove, the white plug on the ignitor plugs into, I had 115 vac w/ the stove on bake and the thermostat on, so that's good. So what's next? the gas valve? If so, do you have a replacement for it? Thanks.

Most likely the problem is a bad igniter even if it did pass the continuity test. It is wired in series with the gas valve and if it does not draw enough current (more than 3.2 amps) then it would not be able to open the gas valve. The 115 VAC reading at the igniter plug shows that there is nothing wrong with the gas valve and/or the oven thermostat.

- The Bake igniter Part number: AP3119495
Maxwellhaus Posted: Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:31:11 PM(UTC)

Bump. Hey, experts can I get some help? I need to cook a brisket.
Maxwellhaus Posted: Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:59:32 PM(UTC)

Bake stopped working, no gas smell, no hint of it trying to work. To troubleshoot I took the ignitor for bake side out,took it to the appliance repair shop for a new one, he tested it said it was good. He said it could be a thermostat, I checked the power to the plug at the bottom of the stove, the white plug on the ignitor plugs into, I had 115 vac w/ the stove on bake and the thermostat on, so that's good. So what's next? the gas valve? If so, do you have a replacement for it? Thanks.