Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 12:09:47 PM(UTC)

My CVS downdraft quit raising due to a badly bent linkage plate. The snorkel is down and the motor gear arm is not accessible. How can I get the motor gear arm down? Thanks, Jim
Guest Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 3:47:23 PM(UTC)

Mine clunks down? Advice?
vtemplet Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:55:51 PM(UTC)

On the right side of the motor, there is a little ratchet lever. If you press that in, then the snorkel will go down manually. Don't do what I did and unscrew the gear motor arm to get the snorkel to go down. Just depress the right side of the motor, and the snorkel will go down. You can also manually trip the gear motor switch and the fan switch by reaching to the rear of the J-box. See page 2-5 in the manual. Chances are good that if you are having a problem getting the snorkel up and down, but the motor is working, you have a problem with the gear motor switch. While you have it all apart, just replace the vent switch, too. Also, if you are having problems getting the switch that raises and lowers the snorkel to work, chances are that you have screwed in the side screw too tightly, (that holds the top cap on the snorkel). Loosen it a little an the switch will probably work.
windbc Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:34:23 PM(UTC)

Servicer in post #3 was on the right track (thanks).
If it goes up and down and won't stop or the fan won't go on it is most likely that the piece that goes on the motor shaft has wriggled off the shaft enough so that the raised flange on that piece no longer contacts the switch.
The easiest thing to do is to remove the lower left panel with the unit down and disconnected from electricity. You can reach up to the other side of the motor and try to push what you can feel back toward you onto the motor shaft. Then plug everything back in and try it. If that doesn't work then you may have to proceed with disassembly to get to the switches. But if the starting problem was "goes up and down without stopping and no fan" then this is the likely fix.:)
HudsonsGoldenGem Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 10:51:49 AM(UTC)

Our Thermador downdraft didn't want to pop up when you pressed the button. It did this on and off for a few months, then stopped working completely. Mind you, if you pulled up in the middle of the downdraft and lifted it up a few inches, after pushing the button, then the motor would help lift it the rest of the way.

Anyway, we replaced the gear motor switch and now it's working properly again. Here's the switch that fixed the problem:
BOSCH Switch, micro
Gene Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 7:17:22 PM(UTC)

The gear motor switch wires can be accessed for test from the motor side. Also check the up/down switch and the motor winding.

Gene.
cgrieve Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 4:01:26 PM(UTC)

Thanks. Can you please provide advice as to how to raise it manually? I've tried simply pulling up on the top of the snorkel, but it won't move. Is there a way to make this happen from underneath the cook-top?
Gene Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:38:59 PM(UTC)

Most likely you have to raise the snorkel manually.

Gene.
cgrieve Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:03:01 PM(UTC)

Thank you for posting the user manual. The snorkel on my Thermador downdraft vent will not go up or down, and is currently stuck in the down position. I am guessing that the switch is the problem The troubleshooting section of the user manual suggests using an ohmmeter to check continuity, however, to access the switch wiring, the snorkel must be up (I believe). Any idea as to how to deal with this situation? Thanks.
buzzford Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 7:06:13 AM(UTC)

When I called Dacor they said it was probably the up/down switch. After looking at the diagram on the unit, I dont think it is the up/ down switch.
Dacor gave me a appliance parts company in Sacramento to call. They charge $70 for a 120v/5 amp switch! I found one at an electonic store with more amperage capacity but it would not be an exact fit. There price was $7.50! Thanks for your help.