Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
stuffy Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:58:22 PM(UTC)

OK, thank you richappy for all your responses and help with this, I do appreciate it!
richappy Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:09:06 AM(UTC)

Ok there, if you want to fix it yourself, you will need an amp probe and good digital meter.You will need these to properly test the current draw and to change to a discrete ptc start device.
stuffy Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:04:30 AM(UTC)

It always ran with a capacitor in it.

I had ordered the two parts (relay and capacitor), but just put the new relay in first, because I wasn’t sure what was causing the problem. These parts were factory recommended identical to the ones I took out, and I had done a drawing on where the wires were supposed to go.
richappy Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:47:24 AM(UTC)

Failure to put the run capacitor in probably damaged the compressor windings. The compressor is designed to require a run capacitor to aid in poor starting conditions and re-start while still under high pressure. It is now basically a hard starting compressor.
One fix is to install a lower resistance ptc as mentioned in my article "replacing compressor start devices", just put that in the fridg search box.
stuffy Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:59:23 PM(UTC)

There was a light frost throughout all the fins. I’m taking it that would be the good news!

When I first plugged it in there was a few clicks and then it ran just fine for 5 hours or so until it reached the designated temperature before shutting off. Each time it came on there were more clicks and the temp started to warm up on the thermometer I put in the frig.

[FONT=&quot]Do you have any other ideas on this? Thank you I appreciate your help! [/FONT]
stuffy Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:59:05 AM(UTC)

thank you richappy, I will try that!
richappy Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:47:11 AM(UTC)

Pull the back freezer panel and check the frost pattern. If a little bit of frost at the input tubing, and no other frost, you either have a bad compressor, or it ran out of refrigerant due to a leak.
stuffy Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:46:35 PM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator (Model #59679142990 MFG #P1321804TW) that does not cool, and just keeps blowing warm air, with a clicking noise in the back by the compressor every minute or so.

So I bought a start relay(#10097204) and a capacitor (#65889-4) from you about a month ago. I put the relay in and it worked perfect for about 3 weeks, ya! Then it started blowing warm air again (it continues to run) and clicking every so often as before.

After that I did put the capacitor in, but that didn’t change anything. And prior to all this, I replaced the defrost timer, with no change.

My limited knowledge of ohm testing:
-the compressor showed both the ‘start’ and ‘run’ had a reading of about .5x10, and the ground test showed no movement on the needle.
-the overload switch read ‘0’.
-have not found how to test the ‘solid state’ relay.

Some things that I have observed:
-both the fans are running
-the light switches are working
-the compressor is warm, not hot, and humming/vibrating
-the condenser coils have been cleaned

Could this problem be the ‘overload’? it did check out on the ohm meter. Your help would be much appreciated, I am out of ideas on what could be wrong with this frig!

Thanks!
cmhaines Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:29:20 PM(UTC)

just letting everyone know that the overload switch was the problem. frig running good. thank you for taking your time with this.

Chris
cmhaines Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:44:23 AM(UTC)

thank you. i'll let you know what happens,part should be here today.