Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:47:58 AM(UTC)

I share your disgust; I pull the switches off these when I junk them, have a few lying around; would never sell one, but would use one in a repair!
CJRLMPLS Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:12:35 PM(UTC)

Thanks! I'd kind of figured that out - went to Sears this lunchtime - found the motor with the pluggable switch securely attached. Why? The motor still works - ah well!

I'm now deciding whether I want to invest the $110 or so in the motor plus the aggravation of installing it - or just give up and get a gas dryer!

Thanks for the help, tho'
richappy Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:08:05 PM(UTC)

Your motor switch shorted and they do not sell the switch, you have to buy the whole motor. That part # is AP3094245
CJRLMPLS Posted: Monday, October 8, 2007 11:31:46 AM(UTC)

This drier stopped working for the second time - I had replaced the non-resettable thermal fuse about 4 years ago and all had been well.

Two days ago the same thing happened - except this time. after it stopped, my wife checked a couple of things then walked away from it. About 30 mins later, she smelt 'hot metal', checked it and discovered it was extremely hot. To cut a long story short, I unplugged it, went and got a new thermal link, replaced it then plugged it back in. The heater IMMEDIATELY came on - the door was open and the motor was not running. I pressed the start button - the motor started and the drier appeared to work.

Apparently the interlock that prevents the heater from being powered when the motor/fan is not running is dead.

Where is that interlock? Is it part of the motor switch? Is it an airflow detector vane in the fan path? The diagram I have is not specific. Wahat do I need to buy?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!