Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
scott1980 Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:21:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LSQ8243HQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

You probably just knocked the tubing loose at the water level switch (Item 12 in Section 2) but just in case it is some other fault I will include info on how to check it.

This switch is actually a pressure switch. It has a tube that runs down to the bottom of the tub, as water fills the tub, air is trapped in the tube. As the water rises, the air pressure in the tube increases until it reaches the switch's set point then the switch activates turning off the water and starting the agitate.

Possible problems.
1. Gunk blocking water from entering the tube. Remove the tube at the switch and blow into it to clear the plug.
2. Cracks or holes in the tube allowing the air to escape. Inspect the tube. Also check that it is tight on the switch, if not, cut off half an inch and re-seat it.
3. The switch is toast. Get a piece of tubing with the same internal diameter and attach this to the switch. Start a fill, then blow into the tube. You should be able to stop the water flow without blowing very hard.
If you cannot stop it the switch is toast.

Note: That you may be able to stop it by blowing into then tubing and it may still be no good as it needs too much pressure to activate the switch.
So if the tubing is OK replace the switch.

Note: I am assuming that you can stop the water flow by unplugging or turning off the unit.
If the only way to stop it is to shut off the taps your water valve is shot.

Thank you very much for all your help,all the problem was -pinched tubing.
denman Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:43:24 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LSQ8243HQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

You probably just knocked the tubing loose at the water level switch (Item 12 in Section 2) but just in case it is some other fault I will include info on how to check it.

This switch is actually a pressure switch. It has a tube that runs down to the bottom of the tub, as water fills the tub, air is trapped in the tube. As the water rises, the air pressure in the tube increases until it reaches the switch's set point then the switch activates turning off the water and starting the agitate.

Possible problems.
1. Gunk blocking water from entering the tube. Remove the tube at the switch and blow into it to clear the plug.
2. Cracks or holes in the tube allowing the air to escape. Inspect the tube. Also check that it is tight on the switch, if not, cut off half an inch and re-seat it.
3. The switch is toast. Get a piece of tubing with the same internal diameter and attach this to the switch. Start a fill, then blow into the tube. You should be able to stop the water flow without blowing very hard.
If you cannot stop it the switch is toast.

Note: That you may be able to stop it by blowing into then tubing and it may still be no good as it needs too much pressure to activate the switch.
So if the tubing is OK replace the switch.

Note: I am assuming that you can stop the water flow by unplugging or turning off the unit.
If the only way to stop it is to shut off the taps your water valve is shot.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
scott1980 Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 7:40:12 PM(UTC)

I just replaced drive coupler, (thanks for previous advice),now when I start wash cycle the water never stops filling,therefore machine will not agitate for wash cycle.machine will not stop filling on rinse cycle either,but will agitate on rinse cycle when I manually advance the timer.Machine will also spin out on spin cycle.This issue did not exist prior to my replacing the drive coupler,fix one issue create another(one step forward,two steps back (LOL)!Thank you for your (professional) help.Hopefully,I didn't screw something up to bad or costly!