Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
NoGESupport Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:34:10 AM(UTC)

March 2012 - GE does not support customers :mad:

I have GE microwave with a failed Magnetron. It is emitting large sparks. Upon removing the magnetron I found that the sparks left residue where they are leaking from the cylindrical shaped piece on the end of the Magnetron.

The Magnetron is under warranty.

BUT

GE WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY AND SEND A MAGNETRON.
GE HAS SENT OUT HUNDREDS OF MAGNETRONS TO CUSTOMERS - SEARCH ONLINE TO SEE THIS IS TRUE.

I called GE PARTS, GE support and GE consumer relations departments. They changed their policy two weeks ago and require a service technician to replace the part.

THE COST IS $220 FOR THE REPAIR TECHNICIAN.

Since I already removed the part the service technician would have to put in 3 screws and plug in the cable...FOR $220...I PAID $229 FOR THE MICROWAVE NEW!!!!

DO NOT BUY GE.
DO NOT BUY GENERAL ELECTRIC.

GE DOES NOT SUPPORT IT'S WARRANTIES UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY THE SAME AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT!!

Further research:

GE Microwaves can spontaneously turn on and start a fire - see Consumer Reports web page here:
Kitchen Fire Safety - Consumer Reports

Further evidence GE retroactively changing their warranties:
GE Complaints, Reviews - GE Retroactively Ends Warranty Without Notice
NoGESupport Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:33:36 AM(UTC)

March 2012 - GE does not support customers :mad:

I have GE microwave with a failed Magnetron. It is emitting large sparks. Upon removing the magnetron I found that the sparks left residue where they are leaking from the cylindrical shaped piece on the end of the Magnetron.

The Magnetron is under warranty.

BUT

GE WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY AND SEND A MAGNETRON.
GE HAS SENT OUT HUNDREDS OF MAGNETRONS TO CUSTOMERS - SEARCH ONLINE TO SEE THIS IS TRUE.

I called GE PARTS, GE support and GE consumer relations department. They changed their policy two weeks ago and require a service technician to replace the part.

THE COST IS $220 FOR THE REPAIR TECHNICIAN.

Since I already removed the part the service technician would have to put in 3 screws and plug in the cable...FOR $220...I PAID $229 FOR THE MICROWAVE NEW!!!!

DO NOT BUY GE.
DO NOT BUY GENERAL ELECTRIC.

GE DOES NOT SUPPORT IT'S WARRANTIES UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY THE SAME AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT!!

Further research:

GE Microwaves can spontaneously turn on and start a fire - see Consumer Reports web page here:
Kitchen Fire Safety - Consumer Reports

Further evidence GE retroactively changing their warranties:
GE Complaints, Reviews - GE Retroactively Ends Warranty Without Notice
KeithGP Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2008 2:23:29 PM(UTC)

I found it. I got it! I got it! I did it! I did it! Thanks a million!

Keith
abadfish66 Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2008 1:04:13 PM(UTC)

The diode is connected to the capacitor, not the magtube. Behind the control panel is the capacitor, and you will see the diode connected to the cap, and the other end to ground.
KeithGP Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:02:48 AM(UTC)

Help,

I just had my magnetron go out again for the 2nd time in 9 years of use of my 1999 model GE microwave JVM1631BB 001. It's time to replace the unit but I was able to get the magnetron replace under warranty from GE. So, I sit here looking at the OLD magnetron which has 2 wires that appear to go to a capacitor and my NEW magnetron that comes with a HV diode with no place to attach those 2 wires. Where does the new HV diode go and do I just simply disconnect the other two wires? How do I make this fit and work without exploding my house?

The new GE part number is WB27X10489 if that helps!

Thank you so much,
Keith