Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
craigapple Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 2:14:58 PM(UTC)

Never mind - it ended up being a broken heating coil. It's fixed.
craigapple Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 9:27:06 AM(UTC)

I have 240 v at the terminal block. The heating coil is not grounded & shows continuity. The thermal limiter, control thermostat & high limit thermostat all have continuity & 3-4 ohms resistance.

I have a 20+ yr. old Time-Life major appliance repair manual & followed the testing procedures in it. Obviously it is outdated on some things. I tried to test the centrifugal switch, but the manual talked about checking continuity & resistance with the button pushed in and then with it out - couldn't figure out what they were talking about - there is no button on mine. I took it apart and all the connections look clean, so I don't think it could be the problem.

The only thing I really found wrong is that the manual said the timer motor should test at 2-3,000 ohms. With my digital multimeter set to 200 ohm range, the display didn't change from the number 1. Could the timer motor even affect the heat?

Thanks for your help!

Craig