Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bend Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:30:49 PM(UTC)

I just learned this lesson, make sure you have removed the knock-out plug in the new disposal. The water won't drain if you haven't. If you have already installed it, stick a pinky finger inside of drain tube (in disposal) and you will be able to feel if it is there or not. If it is, use a screwdriver and tap the plug with a hammer, it will fall right out. I hope this helps.
madden611 Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:05:12 PM(UTC)

Hello,

My neighbor asked me to install a new garbage disposal for her, so I did. Her old one had stopped working a couple of years ago, and she was ready to replace it. She called me a couple of days later to say that now her dishwasher wasn't draining. I have visually inspected the drain line and all the connections. There is no kink in the line, and no blockage that I can see in the line. When the dishwasher is turned to the rinse and hold session, it does it's thing for a time, then tries to pump for a second or two and suddenly stops. I would order her a new pump, but what if it is something less expensive?