Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:28:10 AM(UTC)

Good Job!!! Now that is the way to save the cash. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
mwmurphy Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:54:39 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your help. Up and running fine after replacing coils.
kayakcrzy Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 1:17:17 PM(UTC)

Glad to help. let me know how it goes. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
mwmurphy Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:17:16 AM(UTC)

Thanks for your answer.
kayakcrzy Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 5:28:12 AM(UTC)

A clogged vent to the outside, or on that model if you remove the front, on the bottom of the front, is the blower housing. They are notorious for clogging up, causing an air flow problem, which in turn causes the dryer to overheat, because the air flow is not escaping. Oh, I also agree on changing the coils on the gas valve. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
mwmurphy Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:31:34 PM(UTC)

Hello,

Dryer starts and heats for a few minutes then shuts down and attempts to fire up, on and off. I've check the thermostats all read .4 (digital multi set at 200). per some of the past post i've read I should replace the coils and will order them. My question is : The blower housing was actually melted near the blower. I replaced the housing and the attached thermostat and was wondering what would cause the machine to overheat enough to melt the housing.