Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:28:07 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric JBP26WY2 Electric range | AppliancePartsPros.com

Unfortunately it does sound like your control board has gone intermittent.
Especially since it came ready when the actual temperature was too low. and you have a new temperature sensor.
[COLOR="Blue"]
I ordered the temp probe in a shot in the dark attempt to guess which part that was giving me the headache. The one that came in was not the exact probe, installed it anyway. It kind of worked first time.[/COLOR]
I cannot comment on the above as you did not say what "kind of worked" was.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
IntermittentGE-Oven Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 3:49:12 PM(UTC)

The oven has started to act up, mostly won't heat up like it used to. I cleaned and checked the resistance of the heating elements, both measured 16 ohms. Thought that was good, reasembled and it worked first time. Next day it did not get over 200 degrees when set to heat to 400 degrees. I have posted this question to (AnswerGem) when negitive results..no reply. I ordered the temp probe in a shot in the dark attempt to guess which part that was giving me the headache. The one that came in was not the exact probe, installed it anyway. It kind of worked first time. The next day, it said it was up to temp, but it never heated up.
The only other parts are the heating element, and the control board.
Any suggestions?