Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:14:14 AM(UTC)

I think you have hit the nail on the head
Part number: AP3001632
Part number: AP3001632

Click on the picture for more info.

It is not uncommon for thermostats to go intermittent and start sticking.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
wmd Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:38:11 AM(UTC)

Hi:

I woke up to frozen milk and the compressor running non-stop! I vacuumed underneath-nothing was too dirty. It's an older Whirlpool refrigerator/top freezer-Model EHT171HKWR3 (s/n-E24030533). Could it be the temp. control (part # 938037)? If I turn the temp. control CCW all the way to off, it shuts off. In order to turn it on (i.e.-compressor starts), I have to turn it CW all the way up (highest no. is 5). I set it to the plus side or on side of off ( it's approximately at a 12 o'clock position). It did cycle on and shut off in this position. I moved the temp. control through its range again and it still does the same-off at off and on only all the way up-nothing in between. I put a thermometer in it and I will check, from time to time to see if it continues to cycle on and off at this "noon" position. Thank you for your help.

wmd