Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:22:51 AM(UTC)

Good you got it fixed, a bad meter can lead to shocking results!
jsquail Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:29:04 AM(UTC)

So here is what i figured out. Optics are good, icemaker is bad, meter i was using was in need of a hammer. The meter was way off. not sure how or why but it was. The meter measured 120v in a normal electrical outlet, but only measured 34 at my icemaker connector. I used a different meter and determined that my voltage was correct at the icemaker. Now i have a spare set of optics to sell.

Thanks for the help!!
richappy Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:49:34 PM(UTC)

The service data sheet should be tucked behind the front kick panel.
jsquail Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:25:54 AM(UTC)

Optics replaced. same issue. 35 volts at icemaker. where can i get a schematic for this thing?
richappy Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 2:24:01 PM(UTC)

If you pushed in the flapper, got a steady led, then pushed the door switch closed, then got a blank led, you should get 115 volts at the black and white connector wires. If not, you probably have bad optics.
jsquail Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:27:10 AM(UTC)

Im seeing 35 volts AC across the Black and white wires. Doesnt matter is the which position the emitter module is in.
richappy Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:10:27 AM(UTC)

Modular ice maker with optics diagnostic tips.
The optics transmitter led should be steady when you push the flapper in. If you push the flapper in and push in the door switch, the light will go out. The electronics has changed the led driver to emit infrared, not visible . If you have a bad module in the ice maker, voltage and resistance readings at the module pins will be false or intermittent. Best to check power to the icemaker connector black to white while pushing in the switches, power confirms a bad icemaker.
jsquail Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:27:09 PM(UTC)

Using Job Aid 4322658A for the R-92 model ice-maker
wont make Ice.
Tube isn't frozen. Blew through it.
Optics seem to be working fine. Did diagnostics per the job aid
Pulled the maker out and jumped T and H.

The bar moved some but didn't cycle around like i had suspected. The bar went from what i consider 3:00(dead level fingers pointing at you) to about 5:00. The heaters didn't come on, or at least it seemed they didn't. Im not sure how warm/hot they get. Water didn't start to fill. Reset the refrigerator by unplugging. Ran the jumper test again with no success. I am concerned that I didn't have the jumper inserted the correct amount.

suggestions or any help would be appreciated.

thank you

jsquail