Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:46:25 PM(UTC)

Test them with an ohm meter for continuity. You should be ok for a week or so and it will start freezing up again.

Double check your model number, I couldn't get it to pull up ad I can give you a little more information.

Nat
angiebaaaby Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:56:29 PM(UTC)

we removed the back wall and it was all frosted up. we defrosted all that and cleaned coils under fridge also. how do u test those things? we have it going now and will see how it does by morning. the freezer is working as ice cube tray is freezing. i feel the cold air going through the damper to fridge now. husband wants to know how to test those things you said. thanks!
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:13:54 PM(UTC)

Yes, that indicates a defrost problem. Remove the rear wall of the freezer section test the defrost thermostat and defrost heater and locate the defrost timer/defrost adapter.

I haven't been able to pull up your model. But a defrost problem has to be one of those 3 things.

Nat
angiebaaaby Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:35:24 AM(UTC)

just noticed the back wall of the freezer if frosted up. Does that mean anything?
angiebaaaby Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:46:05 AM(UTC)

no it's open
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:44:19 AM(UTC)

Is the little door (aka damper) closed between the freezer & frig?

Nat
angiebaaaby Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:30:14 AM(UTC)

yes, it's blowing, but not going through that lil door to fridge part.
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:25:40 AM(UTC)

If the fan in the rear of the freezer working?

Nat
angiebaaaby Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:23:57 AM(UTC)

Help my milk! I have a side by side and it has a little "door" that blows cold air from the freezer to the fridge. Bottom half of fridge is cold but not top. Can't figure out what is wrong. Someone help me please!