Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 6:48:50 PM(UTC)

As I said in the previous reply there is very low rate of success on such repairs. In most cases there was more problems found later.

Gene.
RJOHNSONJR Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:59:18 PM(UTC)

thanks for the reply Gene. ? though. If the module is bad why do u suggest replacing the whole unit? The rest of the "workings" seem fine. The module is only the piece under the cover held on by 3 screws,right? thx in advance.
Gene Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:50:12 PM(UTC)

The ice maker module is bad. No doubt about it. I would recommend to replace the whole ice maker due to very low success rate of ice maker repairs.

- The part number for the ice maker is AP2984633

- The part number for the module is AP4359694

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool refrigerator Model ED25DQXBW00

Gene.
RJOHNSONJR Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:41:33 PM(UTC)

Ice maker does not appear to be cycling properly. It was making a noise and i removed the module cover and saw the dial was was "stuck" rotating back and forth approx a 1/4 inch. I manualy rotated the ice "raker?" and the tray filled with water and dial seemed to work correctly, for a while. Checked later and ice was frozen but not cleared from the tray and dial was "stuck" again. I again manualy rotated the raker to dump/eject the ice and again it filled with water,etc...
Doesnt appear to be any ice stuck in the workings anywhere to prevent it from cycling. Does the module need replaced or some other issue? Thanks.