Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Vinceaim Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:10:12 PM(UTC)

There is a light switch for each oven. They both worked until I touched ground with a live wire when replacing a light outlet. Now neither switch clicks. Is there a reset or a fuse? All other electric functions operate.
Gene Posted: Friday, March 4, 2011 1:35:23 PM(UTC)

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
cfilice Posted: Friday, March 4, 2011 10:15:55 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
This is very strange. I do not think a new key pad will fix it. Probably you have to call a pro. Make sure he knows how to fix Dacor ovens.

Gene.

Gene, the long history on this problem has finally been solved. The solution was to replace both the relay board and the membrane on the face of the upper oven. The tech says that the membrane failure causes the relay board to fail, as well. That explains the numerous relay board failures ( 3 ). Everything now working.
cfilice Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:00:13 PM(UTC)

OK, I will be back here in December and will call someone to repair. I will post the findings when they figure it out. I feel better now that you are stumped too. I even had a Miele factory guy look at it who was fixing my dishwasher and he agreed that everything that we have done should have fixed it.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:54:56 PM(UTC)

This is very strange. I do not think a new key pad will fix it. Probably you have to call a pro. Make sure he knows how to fix Dacor ovens.

Gene.
cfilice Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:17:13 AM(UTC)

Gene, sorry about the long history on this problem, but I only occasionally visit this house. The latest is that after the relay board was replaced ( for the second time ), now the upper light stays on all the time and the lower oven light wont come on at all. Sometimes, I can turn off the upper light by hitting Cancel or Light, but not always. I dont see how the transformer could be the problem since the light is on. And, since the relay board is new, is it possible that the control panel ( touch screen ) is bad? I am getting frustrated and am about to call someone to fix this thing. Do you feel like driving to Palm Springs?
Gene Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 7:58:08 PM(UTC)

Quote:
...I then checked for 12 volts at N on the terminal board per the instructions, but the instructions don't say how to check this terminal. Terminal N to what?...

You have to check the voltage between the "N" and the ground. Should have 12 VAC present all the time.

Check if the "OL1" relay clicks when you push the upper oven light button. You have to check the voltage between the "OL1" and the ground and then repeat the test after pushing the oven light button. One of the readings should be 12 VAC.

Post the result.

Gene.
P.S. Sorry for the instructions from the previous reply. I did not write it:)
cfilice Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:12:15 PM(UTC)

Gene, I received the new board and installed it today. Now, the display works as before and the intermittent on and off oven light problem is gone. But, now the oven lites dont come on at all. I tested the transformer per the instructions you sent. I am getting 12 volts between terminals 6 and 8 and between 8 and 10 and also 24 volts from 6 to 10. I also checked for continuity from terminal 8 on the transformer to terminal N on the relay board and it checks good. I then checked for 12 volts at N on the terminal board per the instructions, but the instructions dont say how to check this terminal. Terminal N to what? I do get 12 volts from N to terminal OL1. Hard to believe that I have a bad transformer because the original problem was intermittent lights that came on and off by themselves and not with the switch. If the transformer was bad, this would not have happened. I dont know where to go from here. Any ideas?
cfilice Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:14:41 PM(UTC)

I called them today and they are sending another one. I will let you know what happens.
Gene Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:03:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cfilice Go to Quoted Post
Gene, I just placed a call to you. I received the new board and installed today, but the entire display is now dead. So, I took the new board back out and put in the old board and now the display works but still have the light problem as before. The new board appears to the the same, same numbers as old board, terminals line up etc. Is it possible that the new board is bad or could it possibly be the wrong one??

If the new board is exactly the same and you wired it exactly the same way, then looks like the new board is defective. If you bought it through APP, you have to call them Monday and they will exchange it.

Gene.