Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 6:15:32 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: tomtieppo Go to Quoted Post
Element glows but the burner does not light. Small amount of gas smell but after 3 - 4 minutes still will not light.

Ok, the part you need to replace is the ignitor. That is the part that glows. The part # is 12400035. The reason is, that the ignitor is not strong enough to open the gas valve. So replace it, and you will have it. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
tomtieppo Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 5:58:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
So, when you turn the oven on to Bake, does the bake element glow red. If not, you most likely have a burn't wire at the element, or the element is bad. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Element glows but the burner does not light. Small amount of gas smell but after 3 - 4 minutes still will not light.
kayakcrzy Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 4:34:58 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: tomtieppo Go to Quoted Post
The oven portion is not at the desired temperature setting. I set the oven temp. at 375 to cook a turkey. I returned home a couple hours later and the bird was barely cooked. Stove top and broiler seem to be working fine.

So, when you turn the oven on to Bake, does the bake element glow red. If not, you most likely have a burn't wire at the element, or the element is bad. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
tomtieppo Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 4:28:12 AM(UTC)

The oven portion is not at the desired temperature setting. I set the oven temp. at 375 to cook a turkey. I returned home a couple hours later and the bird was barely cooked. Stove top and broiler seem to be working fine.