Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
pettinej Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:41:53 AM(UTC)

Sorry did not mean to forget you. I guess it was the way Drags1998 said it that made me try the timer. Thanks to both of you!!
icehouse Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:06:59 PM(UTC)

:eek: Nice, we forget the "old farts" :D
pettinej Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:00:05 PM(UTC)

Drags1998 thank you. You were right. I replaced the timer and everything is fine.
Drags1998 Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:24:25 PM(UTC)

The reason the fan is running all the time is because the food compartment is not fully cooled down,OR the frost build-up in the freezer is slowing the airflow into the refer side!! If it were me, I'd replace the TIMER, FULLY DEFROST the Evaporator, and move on!!!:)
pettinej Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:59:52 PM(UTC)

I have one last question. It seems as though the pump (or fan) in side the freezer never shuts off. I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with the defrost timer but I am wondering if there is something wrong with what ever controlls the fan. I remember that when we first bought it I could hear it turn on and off. Now it seems like it runs all the time. I could be crazy (well maybe I am). Is there any way to test for this?

Thanks
icehouse Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:11:42 PM(UTC)

GE Timers are notorious for having problems. From the late sixties when my company was authorized service, nothing but headaches.
An still to this day they go from one lousy manufacturer of timers to the next. :)
pettinej Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:23:21 PM(UTC)

So after locating the timer something strange happened. I have not touched the timer yet. I simply removed the first shield to get to the timer. When I opened the freezer I saw that the defroster was on! So I waited a while and the defroster had shut off. The coils were not completely defrosted. So today I completly defrosted the coils with a hair dryer. Plugged in the fridge and it seems to work ok. The coils have some ice on them already and I am wondering what I should do next. Could the timer have a problem where it would only work once and a while. Is there anything else I should be doing.

The good thing here is that I have another fridge to put the food into until I get this fixed.
Drags1998 Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:58:51 PM(UTC)

It shows a TIMER behind the panel in the top of the REFER section. Remove the lite shield and look for a 3/8" white or tan knob that is ALMOST flush with the metal shield.(I think its all the way to the right side) With a flat blade screwdriver, turn the knob clockwise slowly until you hear it click, This puts the refer into DEFROST, If it starts to defrost, Replace the TIMER!!!!:)
icehouse Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 4:40:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: pettinej Go to Quoted Post
Do you know where I can find a diagram for this fridge?

Here: Model TFX26KRDAAA
pettinej Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 4:26:09 PM(UTC)

Do you know where I can find a diagram for this fridge?