Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2023 4:59:21 PM(UTC)

Kenmore 665.13862K602 Control board P/N 8575276 WPW10084141
Potter & brumfield relay TT7CV5D-05-01

Pin on relay. Solder joint melted that goes to heat leg. Would have caught fire. But smell allowed use time to kill the power
Guest Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2023 12:08:06 PM(UTC)

My Kenmore dishwasher caution fire !!!
OMG?? Less than 7 years old
Steve Chambers Posted: Monday, November 7, 2011 3:15:24 PM(UTC)

Hi all,

I now have over 300 incident reports to share.
A couple of new TV news reports posted to view.
And a breakthru announcement coming soon...

steve@kitchenaidfire.com
tmshokie Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:17:57 AM(UTC)

Robert et. al,

Same problem on the same model (Kenmore Elite, Stainless tub). Ran through all the same hoops with Whirlpool and Kenmore for the recall, same result. Logged the complaint with CPSC. This seems to be the best course of action. If enough people report the problem, they will issue a recall. There are already a number of incidents at SaferProducts.gov .

Obviously this is a manufacturer issue where the tub leaks into the control panel and starts the electrical fire - and it is reported on numerous models from 2004 - 2006. But unless the "exact" model number is reported, there will be little recourse.

The right thing to do is replace the seals and control boards on all these affected models, but whirlpool ain't going to do that w/o a class action lawsuit.
rudy2010 Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 11:02:28 AM(UTC)

Laura, Looks like there are a host of folks you need to contact here. I will be following this thread to see if your customers receive satisfaction.
SearsCare Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:51:06 AM(UTC)

Dear shalenrd,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your dishwasher as I just came across your post. I am very concerned to hear that the dishwasher caught on fire. Sears strives to provide the highest quality products for the price from various manufacturers. We hope that the item will not fail, because they have our name attached to them, but any item that is manufactured has the possibility of failure, be it a dishwasher or anything else. All this being said we do value you as a customer and would like to see how we can helpwith this unfortunate situation.
My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [EMAIL="searscares@searshc.com"]smsupport@searshc.com[/EMAIL] so that we can assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number)and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (shalenrd) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

If any other viewers of this thread have experienced a similar issue with any Sears’ appliance please contact us for assistance as Sears does want to help. Please email us at [EMAIL="searscares@searshc.com"]smsupport@searshc.com[/EMAIL] with your contact information and a brief description of the situation and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you,
Laura D.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
shalenrd Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:29:40 PM(UTC)

Same thing happened to me this evening! Luckily I was home when the smoke and flames started to come out of the top right corner of the dishwasher door. Not sure what to do. I am disappointed that Sears appears to be ignoring this but will attempt to contact them anyway and will certainly report it to the CPSC.
Jboggs326 Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:10:39 PM(UTC)

I have a KitchenAid Supurba where the exact same thing happened.

My wife started the dishwasher and left for work (I was traveling at the time.) my son was home alone and noticed the 1st floor of the house was filled with smoke when he woke up an hour later. He shut everything down.

When I got home, I noticed black soot on the outside cover, right underside (under where the control panel is.) I open the front door, removed the screws and lifted off the control panel housing to find a charred control panel, melted wiring harness and overall dead machine.

What a nightmare. With over 150 of these incidents reports, is the CPSC and manufacturer still calling this a normal wear and tear issue? C'mon, folks! Take some responsibility! What does it take to get your attention?

No one is open today, so I will attempt to call the various places on my lunch break.
auberloisl Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:57:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rgfdc Go to Quoted Post
Our Kenmore model 665-17462300 caught fire last week. Flames were shooting from the control panel. This is the third control panel they've installed in this appliance in the past nine months but the first to cause a fire. We have an extended warranty so it's only costing us major inconvenience. This model is not on the recall list and neither Sears nor Whirpool seemed too concerned. I did report to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Sears is replacing the control panel but we won't be comfortable letting the dishwasher run unattended.

Our Kenmore Dishwasher model 665-16382300 caught fire tonight also 3/29/2011, same fire started on control Panel. We also reported to the Consumer Safety Commission, we have no warranty on it and are unable to replace it.
thegoaltender Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:33:48 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mustang1 Go to Quoted Post
Today luckily before our eyes our Kenmore s/s dishwasher started smoking. I dismantled the door panel to find the circuit board fried and charred. I'm sure the dishwasher could have caught fire had we not been there to turn it off on time.

I just went on
partsselect.com

to order a new circuit board which costs $120. It's very easy to fix. Just undo the screws on the door, then pry the board from it's plastic holder. Just use a small flat screw driver to depress the little clips around it's frame and it just pops out. Don't disconnect all the wiring until you get the board. Then disconnect one by one and hook them up one by one to the new board.

That's all, it's that simple.

Had I called a technician it would have cost $100 for the call and probably more than $200 for the part.

I'm so glad we averted a possible nightmare. Appliances these days are just crap, all components are made in China and are of inferior quality.

This will not fix your problem. From what I can tell from research the problem is with the heating element. Just replacing the circuit board will only lead to another meltdown/fire in the future!!!

I just had this happen to my dishwasher and started looking for a solution. I have reported it on kitchenaidfire.com, US Consumer Product Safety Commission, Massachusetts Attorney General.

I called Sears to no avail. I will contact Whirlpool next.

Has anyone gotten a satisfactory result from anyone on this as of yet?