Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jonogib Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:59:36 PM(UTC)

I think I need the exact same part! At least it looks almost identical. Yes, my model number is correct CB15DPB. My relay fried, literally! Plastic is all blackened and melted! My relay has the following on a paper tag:

625-1
1/4 HP
BARR 20 Not 100% sure on the "B"
A3
8 }
7 }<< These three numbers are @ 90 degrees to the rest
3 }
Made in USA

It also has a "GE 36" stamped into the brown plastic.

I noticed this post and I'm hoping that a replacement part is still available ASAP!! Stuff is melting!

Should I also replace the "Guardette 3ARG" while I'm at it?

Or, is the whole compressor fried as well :eek: and that's why the relay went?

Please advise ASAP. Thank you!

Jonathan :rolleyes:
icehouse Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:54:39 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: miichael Go to Quoted Post
are you sure thats the part number? i was looking on **** and found one that looks just like it.

General Electric WR7X138 RELAY

http://cgi.****.com/ws/e...em&item=320309103680
WR7X5058 replaced by WR7X138 Leave it to GE. :D Also available here.
miichael Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 9:51:15 AM(UTC)

are you sure thats the part number? i was looking on **** and found one that looks just like it.

General Electric WR7X138 RELAY

http://cgi.****.com/ws/e...em&item=320309103680
icehouse Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 4:35:03 AM(UTC)

Michael the replacement is a WR7X5058 contact the parts department here. :)
miichael Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:36:07 AM(UTC)

Heres a few more pictures of my relay maybe you guys can look at it and tell me which i need.
miichael Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:32:30 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
If your original start relay suppied starting current and it would not start, you have either a mechanically locked compressor, or damaged start winding.
If your compressor nameplate current rating is above 3 amps, a 3n1 hard start device may fix it. This is what I said before in a previous post.

It worked fine until i broke the relay when removing it. I took the cover off because there was dust and cob webs in there and the plastic was fragile. i don't know if your just not reading my post right or what but the relay is broken, snapped in half, broke plastic. The lines was in the way of the box covering the relay and trying to get the box off i broke the relay. here is a pic that may help you understand.
kooler Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:49:46 AM(UTC)

I'm not seeing the CB20DPB in my searches, if the 'P' is really an 'F' then the relay p/n is WR7X5058; APPros crosses over to AP2644346 but you'll have to call into those guys for assistance, this part requires 'special attention'...
richappy Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:46:13 AM(UTC)

If your original start relay suppied starting current and it would not start, you have either a mechanically locked compressor, or damaged start winding.
If your compressor nameplate current rating is above 3 amps, a 3n1 hard start device may fix it. This is what I said before in a previous post.
miichael Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:09:46 PM(UTC)

i just need to know what part number i need to order. i think its the WR7X138 but im not for sure.
icehouse Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:08:46 AM(UTC)

In my profile, go to my home page.