Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ben-81151 Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:50:34 AM(UTC)

It sounds like you may have a system problem; it could be a restriction or low side leak (Evaporator, Heat Exchanger). You need to have a technician check it to be sure. If the filter drier is cool to the touch it is usually a restriction, but the restriction could be caused by a leak on the low side where moisture has got into the system. You can call Frigidaire @ (800) 444-4944 or go to www.frigidaire.com, to locate a servicer in your area

:)
Ben-81151 Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:45:53 AM(UTC)

It sounds like you may have a system problem; it could be a restriction or low side leak (Evaporator, Heat Exchanger). You need to have a technician check it to be sure. If the filter drier is cool to the touch it is usually a restriction, but the restriction could be caused by a leak on the low side where moisture has got into the system. You can call Frigidaire @ (800) 444-4944 or go to www.frigidaire.com, to locate a servicer in your area
mtc Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:37:03 PM(UTC)

Lights on, condenser fan's on, compressor sounds like it's on, slightly warm, vibrating and about the first 3 or 4 inches of the evap. coil frosts up but that's all. I moved the bi-metal to that part of the coil and the evap. fan started right up. I ohm'd the defrost heater and got 28 ohms. Is the compressor not moving enough freon?? I did just have the electrical service to my house updated, could a power surge be responsible? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.