Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
djgabor Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:51:44 PM(UTC)

I replaced the brake pads and greased the brake pulley as the instructions that came with the pads stated I should. From what I have heard all parts kits come with instructions on how to proceed. I also replaced the drive belt at the same time.
richappy Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 2:02:15 AM(UTC)

For djgabor, how did you fix the brakes!!
richappy Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:54:58 AM(UTC)

Pull the front panel off, remove belt from motor and turn the tranny pulley in the spin direction(opposite from agitate). Brake should release and spin basket turn. If not, yes you have jamming brake shoes. Go to Appliance repairs, Appliancehelp, Appliances, repairs to dryers washers dishwashers fridges repairs microwaves ge maytag kenmore frigidaire westinghouse inglis, appliance how to take apart information, purchasing an appliance help, model number help, for info, but Last I looked, they had no repair for this problem,
djgabor Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 11:31:42 AM(UTC)

Sounds similar to a problem I had recently. What it turned out to be was the brakes were locked up. Try turning the tub by hand with the washer off. If it is very hard to turn you might want to check the brakes. It cost me $15 and about 3 hours of my time to fix it. Let me know if this helps.
drdesl2 Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:20:01 AM(UTC)

My wifes washer makes a loud clunking noise at the end of each turn in the agitating cycle. Also it seems to struggle to turn, and it will dim the house lights when it clunks to rotate to the other direction. Bad motor/clutch?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks