Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
peewee Posted: Monday, February 9, 2009 6:29:30 AM(UTC)

my wife just went out the door! to sears! i'm draining for salvage instead of fix......... enjoy the new one!
WOODWORKERPRO1 Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 6:15:04 PM(UTC)

Thanks to all who have replied. As a married man, I chose to do the most expediate and sensible otpion of repair: My wife bought a new one.
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:43:44 PM(UTC)

woodworkerpro1,
Unfortuneately your machine does not have a coupler. although the brake may have hung up and burned the belt into.
Here's the breakdown on you unit.
Model ALW210RAW

Nat
WOODWORKERPRO1 Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:46:06 PM(UTC)

thanks, I will begin there.
fields Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:25:24 PM(UTC)

Recently I experienced the same problem with my Kenmore. When moving the washer out to check it a small silicone like ring fell out. We took this in and were told it was a motor coupler, which cost 16.00. It took my 17 year old son 20 minutes to repair, wala!!! However, the boy didn't put the hoses tight and now I have a leak. LOL
rmiljus Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:54:20 PM(UTC)

Looks like the same problem I had on an amana ALW430RAW. The belt burned out due to the brake failing to dis-engage during the drain cycle. The idler pully was damaged too. Also check the pump to make sure it turns freely.
WOODWORKERPRO1 Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:19:20 PM(UTC)

My Amana alw21oraw tub spins freely no matter what setting or cycle. Earlier, during a drain, smoke filled the entire room from the back of the tub. Now, I hear the machine running, yet the tub sits motionless unless I reach in and spin it. What do you think?