Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 4:54:09 PM(UTC)

Also possible the mold heater gone bad and the ejector not able to push ice cubes out. This is not very unusual situation when there is more than one problem with ice maker. Thats why I recommended to replace the whole ice maker.

Gene.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:22:36 PM(UTC)

Like gene said the ice mold thermostat is probably bad. To get to it
Remove the ice maker
Remove the head. 3 screws remove arm
Remove the frame 2 screws
Yank out bad thermopuppy from within that black frame. Replace it with a new one: switch2.jpg
ZAMFAM Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:05:13 PM(UTC)

When the water fills up, the ice is made quite quickly. The problem is that it doesn't get pushed out. The levers have moved up as it is freezing, but the ice doesn't get pushed out. Every so often in the past month we will hear it drop, fill up again, see it freeze and then we wait again until it decides to let the ice go.

colin
Drags1998 Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 4:17:42 PM(UTC)

Thanks GENE, I stand corrected,:(
Gene Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:42:39 PM(UTC)

Dear Drags1998,

According to the ice maker Service manual the thermostat closes when is has sensed temperature 17°F ± 3°F.

9°F in the freezer will slow down the production of ice but definitely not to one cycle a day.

Gene.
Drags1998 Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:20:14 PM(UTC)

At 9 degrees it won't make ice!!!! The thermostat in the icemaker is open until it gets down to 8 degrees or colder, The recommended Freezer temp is 0-5 degrees I THINK it will make ice if you turn the freezer temp just a little colder.
Gene Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:29:41 PM(UTC)

Colin,

Most likely the problem is a bad thermostat in the ice maker. You can replace just the thermostat or the whole ice maker. In my opinion the whole new ice maker is going to be much more dependable.

- The part number for the Ice maker thermostat is AP3135377

- The part number for the alumilastic cement (needed for thermostat installation) is AP3103415

- The part number for the ice maker is AP4360427

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool refrigerator Model GS2SHEXMQ00

Gene.
P.S. I would recommend to keep the freezer temperature about 0°F.
ZAMFAM Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:55:09 AM(UTC)

It is 9 farenheight in the freezer.

Colin
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:48:45 PM(UTC)

One thing you can do is clean out from under the refrigerator all the cob webs, dust and what have you that cause the condenser coils to loose efficiency. The cubes may be freezing but that old ice maker won't kick out no ice till it is at least 25°F.
ZAMFAM Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:17:11 PM(UTC)

I don't have a thermometer here but I'll pick one up. Everything is frozen. We are using icecube trays and they freeze up really quick.
The model number is GS2SHEXMQ00

Thanks for the help
Colin