Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 6:06:43 PM(UTC)

If you failed to use the special HE soap, your seals and bearings in the tub may have failed and caused the speed control board to fail. Thus, just replacing the speed control board will not prevent it from failing again. If you turn the basket and you hear bearings, then it probably would not be worth repairing.
KendraSue Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 7:05:52 AM(UTC)

Thank you so much for responding. I contacted Frigidaire and told them their washing machine was only 3 yrs old and was used very little. Because the warranty had expired they told me they could not do anything. I kept pursuing the issue and now they have agreed to pay for parts and labor BUT I have to have one of their certified tech's to make the diagnosis and I will have to pay for that service call. Do you think it's worth it?
sidfink43 Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:59:34 PM(UTC)

Look inside the lower service panel and you will find some tech notes that will give you an explanation of the error codes and a some troubleshooting techniques that should help.

I think your error code may be E5E in which case the problem can be in the speed control board, the wiring between the speed control board and the main board or the main board itself. This is a difficult problem to diagnose and you may end up just having to replace parts to fix it.

Sorry not to be more definitive, this is the way of the world with microprocessor controls in washers.
KendraSue Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 9:27:46 AM(UTC)

Digital Panel works. None of the Cycles work. :( Error code E6E. Can you help me?