Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:11:40 AM(UTC)

Very well could be. They are rather a pain in the ....elbow to put in.
Nat
stephsexton Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:51:27 AM(UTC)

I beleive its the Hub. Parts Order form says its the Triple lip seal/hub kit. could this be making the problem?
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:29:43 AM(UTC)

The brake assembly is above the pulley on the tranny. I'm not sure brass colored ring you are seeing. I basically look at the black & white drawings on these machines.
Try to run spin cycle with the front cover off so you can see if you can tell were the noise is coming from.....of course keep your hands out of the unit while running.
Nat
stephsexton Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:58:39 AM(UTC)

ok, I see the transmission, then below that the support housing, and under that I see the damper pads. 1/2in below that i see a brass colored ring thats slightly bent, below that the drive belt. not sure where the brak assembly is tho.
stephsexton Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:00:27 AM(UTC)

Washer is empty, same conclusion as befor, no sounds
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:52:53 AM(UTC)

Ok, If you can use a putty knife of a similar tool to release the spring clips between the top and front panel, they are located about 2 inches in from the from the corners. Raise the top up and remove the front panel to see what's going on.
At the very bottom on top of the base plate do you see a friction ring? It's about a 6" diameter ring.
Nat
stephsexton Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:48:37 AM(UTC)

Washer empty now, same conclusion as befor. no sound.
stephsexton Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:32:14 AM(UTC)

The noise is so loud its hard to tell but its the loudest toward the very bottom and back of machine
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:20:03 AM(UTC)

ok, while it's finishing try to listen closely to where the noise is coming from.
Nat
stephsexton Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:15:08 AM(UTC)

I will get back to you with that at the end of the cycle, around 15min :)