Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mnickless@cfl.rr.com Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:45:58 PM(UTC)

I suggest you Check with Angel @ obsolete parts @ 877-835-6030 for a re-string kit to get the module back up and running. They are located out of California and do an excellent job in getting the replacement parts out to you in a timely fashion...and they deal with ALL types, models and makes of appliances, from washers and dryers to dishwashers and refrigerators too, I think. Angel is a GREAT resource for answering questions about ANY APPLIANCE. I simply can't thank him enough (and I have no affiliation with him or his store..) he's just a great guy interested in helping anyone he can!
Your best bet would be to check with him before you purchase something you may not be able to return if its not the right fit for your model...and he may have some info on the part you are considering - may recommend it or advise against it as it may actually be inferior quality....

Anyway, hope this helps???
Mike
thorning Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:31:02 PM(UTC)

Thanks---I did not think there was a restringing type of part available for this unit. I have done this on a GE electric dryer but not on this model. Do you know where I can buy such a restringing kit for the Whirlpool ? The model number is GEQ8858JQ1. Please advise ASAP if you have any info as I was planning on buying the entire element assembly tomorrow from a local supply house here in Illinois
mnickless@cfl.rr.com Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:02:59 PM(UTC)

As far as I know, there is no way to fix the element once broken. Just have to bite the bullet and buy the element (It cost me twice the $65). The ceramic supports are breakable if dropped on a hard surface, so take care with them. Suggest you just re-string the new element and try not to over stretch it. My unit's element was comprised of two coils joined in the middle with the third electrical attachment for its heating core. If you are lucky, your replacement element may only have two electrical attachments - one on either end, making the re-stringing easier... All in all, its a fairly easy procedure, just time consuming...if you follow the instructions for re-stringing the new element. Hope this helps and best of luck!
thorning Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:21:30 PM(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer with a heating element broken at one of the coils. Is there a way to repair this broken wire that will be satisfactory ? I know the heating element wire is ni chrome type and not something I can solder but is there any way to fix this without replacing the element which costs about $65. I am not sure if it can be done properly if at all but I am looking for suggestions ASAP
mnickless@cfl.rr.com Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:35:28 PM(UTC)

Check with Angel obsolete parts @ 877-835-6030 for a re-string kit to get the module back up and running....it will run about $100 plus s/h and taxes.
mnickless@cfl.rr.com Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:35:21 PM(UTC)

Check with Angel obsolete parts @ 877-835-6030 for a re-string kit to get the module back up and running....it will run about $100 plus s/h and taxes.
anthony hearvey Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:20:38 AM(UTC)

go to ********** thy have a replacment part
bbryan Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 12:43:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jpdawn Go to Quoted Post
I HAVE A MAYTAG NEPTUNE DRYING CENTER MCE8000AYW.THE HEATING ELEMENT IS BAD.I WAS TOLD IT IS DICONTINUED PART.CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THIS PART.:mad:

Low Cost Appliance Repair Parts has 31001746 restring element instock with shipping $67.00
ApplianceJunk Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 4:56:59 AM(UTC)

Quote:
Since Whirlpool purchased Maytag, it also should own up to what it purchased.

Did you call them to see if they would?
Malcas Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:31:35 PM(UTC)

:mad: I too, was stuck with that Maytag dryer, thinking that it would last us for a long time. We purchased the dryer 3 years ago, and just recently, the heating element went out. I am very displeased with Maytag and will not buy another Maytag product. Since Whirlpool purchased Maytag, it also should own up to what it purchased.