Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:50:59 AM(UTC)

If motor has a loud hum at startup, you probably have a bad motor, bad bearings or burnt windings. Pull dryer apart and check.
jlcglc Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 3:19:41 PM(UTC)

My Whirlpool Model GEQ9858JQ0 electric dryer is acting really wierd. The problem is intermittent - happens about 1/3 of the time. When we try to start the dryer on any setting, it just beeps one long beep and then stops. It doesn't matter how many times you push the start button, it just keeps doing the same thing. If you hold the start button it it will run until you let go, then beep and turn off. Do that enough and it shuts itself off so it won't work at all for a while - like a thermal cutoff that needs to reset itself or something. Go away and come back another time and the dryer will work perfectly - really frustrating! Sometimes (lately) the dryer stops in the middle of a load as if the cycle is done - but it isn't - the clothes are still damp and the timer hasn't timed out. The dryer vent has been cleaned and there is plenty of heat. I'm very mechanically inclined and can fix this thing if I knew what to fix. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!