Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Alimoh Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:38:05 AM(UTC)

Dear Gene

Thanks very much for taking time to look at my problem. I think I will just change the control board and see how it pans out. It was very kind of you to advise me. All the very best. Take care

Alimoh
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:43:10 PM(UTC)

Alim,

I do not see a real solid solution for this problem. It could be a bad control board as well as something else. We call such problems - "techs nightmare".

Gene.
Alimoh Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 8:58:40 AM(UTC)

Dear Gene

Thanks so much for your kind help. This diswasher is crazy. The local maytag technician came. He puts the machine on and it made a complete wash, rinse everything. Perfect no problem. As soon as he left my wife tried it again and same problem. It would wash but does not discharge the water. If she stops it, it would discharge, then she puts it manually on rinse and it would rinse and discharge. For some strange reason it does not complete a full cycle that is wash discharge, full rinse discharge. My only thought now is probably to change the control board and see if that works. But I am a total layman and will welcome your kind views

Thanks

Alim
Zanshin Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:29:25 PM(UTC)

I have found a very fast way to check for buildup in the drain line is to take the end off at the disposer and have a basin handy there may be water to leak out, take a rather long section of 5/16 plastic tubing and push it down as far as you can go, use a raking action as you push it further in.
Gene Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:14:16 AM(UTC)

Did you hear the drain pump running when it comes to drain or it is completely silent?

If it's silent then check for 120VAC coming to the pump at this time and check the pump motor for continuity.

If it's running then disconnect both ends of the drain hose and check it for a clog. Check both drain pump flappers.

Post the results.

Gene.
Alimoh Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:57:49 AM(UTC)

No. No additional work was done. The thing was working fine and suddenly this problem arose.

Thanks

Alim
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:04:17 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: libertyappl Go to Quoted Post
Quick question.....have you installed a garbage disposal or had other plumbing work done?
Nat

Alim,

We need you to answer this question to proceed further.

Gene.
Alimoh Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:28:54 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Alim,

As long as your dishwasher is under the manufacturer warranty do not attempt any repairs on your own. You can (and you should) call Maytag as many times as needed to fix any problems. Do not worry - you'll have good opportunities to pay for repairs out of your packet after warranty expires.

Gene.

Sorry but I live in Trinidad & Tobago which is in the Caribbean and maytag's warranty does not apply so we have to resolve the problem ourselves.
libertyappl Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 10:10:40 PM(UTC)

Quick question.....have you installed a garbage disposal or had other plumbing work done?
Nat
Gene Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:26:34 PM(UTC)

Alim,

As long as your dishwasher is under the manufacturer warranty do not attempt any repairs on your own. You can (and you should) call Maytag as many times as needed to fix any problems. Do not worry - you'll have good opportunities to pay for repairs out of your packet after warranty expires.

Gene.