Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
max Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:42:45 AM(UTC)

Just thought I would post a followup. It turned out to be a bad regulator/valve.
Part Details - GEH Valve, part number: AP3423440
libertyappl Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:27:31 PM(UTC)

Well I try, but I'm just a volunteer.....not actually affiliated with the site at all.
Just a small applinace repair shop in Missouri and I like to help people when I can.
Nat
max Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:25:19 PM(UTC)

I will order from here. I checked around and your prices are good. I also really appreciate the forum and being able to go through the trouble shooting process with someone knowledgeable.
libertyappl Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:17:30 PM(UTC)

I can understand that, you can get them here cheaper than anywhere(unless you buy wholesale), but it can add up quick.
If we can be of further assistance let us know.
Nat
max Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:15:36 PM(UTC)

Nat yeah I'm kind of inclined to go with the control also. I'm going to give that a shot and at least eliminate the control as the cause. I'll order one and post back the results. Thanks for the help I didn't want to just start throwing parts at it just guessing. Max
libertyappl Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:52:26 PM(UTC)

Max
As I stated before I think the problem is in the thermostat/temp control it doesn't seem to be working properly, but I can't see what you see only can go by work we've done in the past and online technical research.
Nat
max Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:45:22 PM(UTC)

I removed the burner and cleaned the orifice-It looked clean- I checked the regulator and it is correctly set for propane.....The adjustment for the orifice is to turn it in all the way for propane ...It is set correctly....I did notice that oven temp control doesn't have any effect on the flame height. I turned the control to low the burner lights but as I turn it up the flame stays the same.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 2:05:25 PM(UTC)

Remove the burner,inspect and clean the orifice. Also that orifice has a nut on it for a reason. As you turn it counter clockwise it opens the hole and allows more gas to come out. Whenever I set the burner I want it to not exceed half way up the flame spreader. You don't want the flames to tickle over the flame spreader and start a fire. About halfway up the spreader will make a good even heat.To adjust it turn the oven on and lay on your back with a good fitting wrench and turn the orifice while you are watching the flame.The orifice is mounted right on top of the oven safety valve. New ones do not come factory set. The tech must do it.
max Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 1:58:22 PM(UTC)

No cycling only went to 250 after about 15 min. Just a steady low blue flame.
libertyappl Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 12:58:32 PM(UTC)

Yes, that sounds right. Is it cycling on & off or does it continually burn and only get to the 275?
Nat