Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:05:49 PM(UTC)

Mike,

We're glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Mike B Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:53:33 AM(UTC)

Gene,
I took off the front panel, removed the belt and ran the motor. It got very hot and smelled acrid. Also very noisy even with belt tension removed. Replaced the motor. Problem solved.

Mike
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:41:01 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the timer is gone bad.

In order to provide the right part number for the timer I need the serial number of the washer.

Gene.
Mike B Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 5:59:31 AM(UTC)

The pump is fine. It empties the tub completely. No evidence of damage or wear.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:41:19 AM(UTC)

Look underneith the washer at the pump.take the belt off and turn it both ways. If you can see any metal around the pully bearing area then you have a bad pump.
Mike B Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:06:10 AM(UTC)

I can't get it to work in the agitate cycle. I'll watch it in the spin cycle and see if the motor gets hot. What could cause the timer to not advance in the agitate mode, but work in the spin cycle?
Gene Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 3:55:17 PM(UTC)

Remove the front panel and watch the motor while it's agitating. Check if it's getting hot.

Gene.
Mike B Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 1:14:07 PM(UTC)

Timer itself is a sealed unit. Checked attached board and timer case for burns - nothing. Nothing looks abnormal in the control panel wiring. Here's another symptom. After the tub fills and the agitator starts it quits. When I go to the spin cycle, initially it does nothing. If I leave it engaged, after a time, the spin cycle will start and finish. I thought it may be a defective motor overload circuit, but it runs the entire spin cycle with no problem once it starts. This anomoly shows up in all cycles. ???????
Gene Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:23:27 AM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

I would open the control panel and visually inspect the timer for any singes of electrical burns. Also try to pinpoint the smell. Post your findings.

Gene.
Mike B Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:44:12 PM(UTC)

My washer will fill and begin agitation. It will then stop afer a minute. NO ticking from timer. The timer will not move. An electrical burning smell can be detected. If I manually move the timer knob to the spin cycle, the washer will empty and begin the spin cycle and finish. Is there any way to troubleshoot the timer?