Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
libertyappl Posted: Monday, September 8, 2008 3:22:37 PM(UTC)

Jkeenan
Check your temp isnide the freezer and post it.

Boatops
If you aren't getting water at the dispenser or the icemaker, chekc you valve as posted in the forums and your water filter (if your model has one) you may want to start another thread for yours.
Nat
boatops Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:17:32 PM(UTC)

I have simular problem. I have GE fridge model GSS25LGMB and now have NO water to door or ice maker. Water supply is fine, I've blown lines with air and don't believe any are frozen. I'm guessing I have a bad Water valve. How do I test valve or can anyone help with troubleshooting steps??
libertyappl Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:06:28 AM(UTC)

There is only one valve, it has 2 sides(kind of like a heart w/o 4 chambers but 2 sides) one for the water dispenser and the other for the ice maker. Post your model number and I can tell you which part number i think that you need.
jkeenan Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:25:24 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the response.
If you switch the leads does that not test a separate valve ( The one that controls the ice maker)?

Normal connections the water dispenser works fine. When I switched the leads the valve opened for the ice maker. Does that mean both valves are operating correctly?
Thanks
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:20:22 PM(UTC)

The icemaker goes thru it's cycle and tells the valve when it needs water and it opens the valve. When you switched the leads and pressed the water dispens button you got water into the icemaker, but not thru the water dispenser, right? That usually means that one side of the valve isn't working(ice maker side).
jkeenan Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:13:55 PM(UTC)

If I switched the leads and the water supply connection opened the ice make water valve to deliver water, would that not indicate the valve is ok?
What triggers the call for water from the icemaker?

I don't know if I should return the part.
Thanks
libertyappl Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:34:01 AM(UTC)

You said it got water into the icemaker, would it also let water thru the dispenser while putting water into the icemaker??
If you can get water after switching the leads but not before then it's probably the valve, not the icemaker.
jkeenan Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:27:50 AM(UTC)

I tested the valve by switching the leads and the valve worked properly.
Am I missing something?
libertyappl Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:03:42 AM(UTC)

It's probably the water valve one side isn't working. Replace the valve and see if that works, hold on to your "old" icemaker
jkeenan Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:22:58 AM(UTC)

I checked the dual valve by swapping the leads as suggested in the forum. This properly activated the icemaker and called for water. I assumed the Ice Maker was faulty and ordered a replacement from APP. AP2984633 (4317943) Icemaker kit, replacement. Everything is installed but the tray still will not fill.
I checked the fill tube and it is not frozen.
Temperature is working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Could the replacement Ice MAker be faulty?