Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 6:15:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Leslie1217 Go to Quoted Post
My built in ice tray started producing hollow ice. Then it became unpredictable as to if it made ice or not. Now it rarely makes ice and if it does, they are pieces of ice cubes, not entire cubes. Help.

My first guess,

You have a low water supply to the ice maker.

Have you replaced the water filter recently ?

It should be replaced at least once a year(it may be clogged/restricted).

You may want to install the bypass plug, as a test and see if production improves. (indicating a clogged filter or poor water supply).

Part number: AP4343647
Part number: AP4343647

Part number: AP4014279
Part number: AP4014279

Check you freezer temperature (On the middle shelf) it should be 0 to5 degrees).

After these checks and tests, if your problem persists, you will need to check the water supply and water valves, on the back of the refrigerator.

Part number: AP4009555
Part number: AP4009555

Part number: AP4013716
Part number: AP4013716

I've attached part numbers and descriptions for you,to familliarise you with the parts you may need.
Leslie1217 Posted: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:01:31 AM(UTC)

My built in ice tray started producing hollow ice. Then it became unpredictable as to if it made ice or not. Now it rarely makes ice and if it does, they are pieces of ice cubes, not entire cubes. Help.