Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
LJScott Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:22:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
I gave you the wrong part# for the board, You need a WR49x10152. Yes GE is having a repair program on some model boards, but your refer is not one under the rework. Your refer is a dual evaperator model and is not a model with the known problems even though it seems like it is the same. Very important!!! Do not use the part# WR55x10552, if you do your compressor will not run. Please order a WR49x10152, and follow the instructions that are included in the box, very important!!! One more question for you, do you her=ar the fresh food fan running?

I'm Having the same problems with my fridge. Turbo cool never shuts down, Top of freezer and fridge warm and defrosting bottom cold. I was going to replace the main board but would like to know if my model # is on that falls under the rework program. Model # ESS25LSRDSS. Can anyone help. First Time using this site and Forums.
jayvee Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:32:52 PM(UTC)

OK, Thanks very much abadfish66! I'll give it a try!

jayvee
abadfish66 Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:45:13 AM(UTC)

This is it. Your fridge is not a dual evap, I entered psi instead of psh for your model#....Anyway, yes you need a new board WR55x10552 is the correct board. Your freezer fan is not spinning and moving the air like it is suppose to, so your temps are high and melting things. I bet the food down twards the bottom of the freezer stays frozen, but higher up it thaws. I checked the reference sheet for your model, and no it is not included in the rework program, but the board is pretty cheap here. $85.00
abadfish66 Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:40:48 AM(UTC)

Jayvee....let's start over, I think I'm loosing my mind :) My last post forget it. I entered you model # again and I was right the first time.
jayvee Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:31:46 AM(UTC)

Thanks very much abadfish66,

If you're referring to fan at the back of the bottom fridge section drawer, which is visible and controlled by the "Custom Cool" (Express thaw/Express Chill/Select Temp) controls, then it seems to be working properly - it turns on when I turn on the express thaw or chill controls. It may be on some other times too, based upon the select temp settings - but I can't confirm this. but it definitely turns on when I've turned the turbo thaw or turbo chill function. Is this the "fresh food fan" fan you're talking about?

If that's not it, then I don't know what you mean. The only three fans I'm aware of are this fan (the "chill fan" in the part description), the evaporator fan, and the condenser fan.

Thanks again for yoru response!
abadfish66 Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:36:57 PM(UTC)

I gave you the wrong part# for the board, You need a WR49x10152. Yes GE is having a repair program on some model boards, but your refer is not one under the rework. Your refer is a dual evaperator model and is not a model with the known problems even though it seems like it is the same. Very important!!! Do not use the part# WR55x10552, if you do your compressor will not run. Please order a WR49x10152, and follow the instructions that are included in the box, very important!!! One more question for you, do you her=ar the fresh food fan running?
jayvee Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:06:44 PM(UTC)

Thanks abadfish66!

I read on some other posts that GE is replacing this main board at no charge, due to some problems. Is that the case?

Thanks again!
abadfish66 Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:17:22 PM(UTC)

Turbo cool runs off a different circuit on the main board, basically keeps the fan running at a constant speed instead of cycling between the 4 speeds of the fan. Yes the freezer fan is the evaperator fan (same thing). Basically your main board needs to be replaced, as it has lost the communication link between the board and freezer fan, so the fan will only run at a very low speed and not sufficient enough to move the air around needed for cooling. The part# is WR55x10552
jayvee Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:30:44 PM(UTC)

I turned on the Turbo Cool last night and set the temp for -8. (Actual temp was about 18.) This morning the turbo cool was still running and the freezer was at -7. So it seems that it CAN cool, at least in turbo cool mode.

Is the turbo cool a separate fan, or does it use the same freezer fan at a different speed? And is what you mean by the "freezer fan" the evaporator fan?

Thanks for your reply, abadfish66!
jayvee Posted: Monday, August 18, 2008 8:39:39 AM(UTC)

Serial number is FF421001. It seems like the fan is working; however, if it is, it's not blowing very strong. (I assume I should feel it at the top of the back panel in the freezer section, just below the ice maker?) However, when i put the fridge in "Turbo Cool", it definitely blows strong - but that may be a separate fan? Should the "regular" fan be blowing strong as well, because I'm not sure I really can hear it when it's not in Turbo Cool.

It does cool down to 0 again after a while - and stays there for a long time - then all of a sudden it decides to rise to 15-25 degrees. Last night it was at 25, this morning it was still at about 17. It seems to be doing this more often lately. I expect it to rise some every so often for the defrost feature - but for several hours?

Thanks