Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:04:19 AM(UTC)

Interesting! That's unusual with your symptoms, but the door lock assembly does fail regularly on these machines, and I am glad to here you got it fixed.

Sometimes we don't get it right, so Thanks for the update
kathy48 Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:42:47 AM(UTC)

I called a repair man in and it turns out that the door lock is faulty. By replacing the lock that solved all the problems.
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:43:01 AM(UTC)

This sounds like your motor is failing. When your motor has problems, a thermal protection function shuts it down.

Given other problems that this model, which is a Frigidaire built machine, has had, and the fact that you have had 10 years+ usage I would say the time has come to replace it.
kathy48 Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:18:07 AM(UTC)

When I start my Gibson Washing machine it will fill and start the cycle for washing. After a couple of minutes it stops and does not start up for 2-3 minutes. Then it starts tumbling again and stops after a few minutes. When it starts I hear a humming sound that is normal. When it stops there is no sound. Could it be a sensor for overheating? Or is there another reason for the stopping and starting?