Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
uk2us88 Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 4:47:48 AM(UTC)

Thats dry heat though right? Our Humidity is a beast.....

Anyway, I went on the roof last night and pulled of the screen like yu said. Man that thing was clogged. I am not sure of the purpose of it as there also is some sort of flapper that closes once the dryer is off. It looks like I fixed the problem!

Thanks for the heads up!
abadfish66 Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 11:46:38 AM(UTC)

90, thats winter weather here in AZ, 114 yesterday
uk2us88 Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 11:41:09 AM(UTC)

Great thanks. Yeah in NC its in the 90's already and to hot to run up there for me. I'll check it out and post back here later this evening or first thing tomorrow. thanks for the info.
abadfish66 Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 11:39:27 AM(UTC)

You should feel a good flow of air coming out. Here in Arizona alot of builders run the vent out the roof, and they use a screen to keep birds out, and this screen cloggs up with lint rather quickly, if this is the case, remove the screen and throw it away.
uk2us88 Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 11:36:33 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the quick reply. It vents out of the roof. I will climb up there this evening after it cools and see if I can feel anything. Should the force be strong?
abadfish66 Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 11:32:52 AM(UTC)

If there is no air moving outside the house it wont dry, you need to look closely at the outside vent, if there is a flapper, make sure it is free to open, if that looks fine, then it is blocked inside somewhere.
uk2us88 Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 11:25:09 AM(UTC)

My dryer will not dry. When I pull everything from the dryer (vent) it dries just fine. I plug it up to the vent and will not dry until about the 4th run. Our home is new construction and from what I can tell the vent is clear. It runs straight up with on small angle. The dryer worked wonders until we moved. It has got to be something with the vent. Is there anything else I can check other than the lint and vent?

Thanks in advance!