Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
andersonj93 Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:05:13 AM(UTC)

This is a new house (built in 2004). I have tried other items in this plug with no issues and I have also plugged the unit into other plugs at the house (GFI and None GFI). I am thinking that the refrigerator is going into some kind cycle that is creating the trip.
bassmaster2002 Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:40:13 AM(UTC)

When you say "new house" is it new to you or a newly built house? I ask this because some older houses have weaker and older wiring in them as well as older circuit breakers(and in some cases the old screw in fuses).Is it plugged into a gfi recepticle,a 3 prong recepticle or do you need to use a 3 prong adapter? As an electrical contractor I sometimes find people running into this problem and its due to poor electrical service and wiring that cant handle the load of a compressor. Have you tried plugging anything else into this plug in to see if it trips?Maybe a tv or other major appliance?
andersonj93 Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:12:47 AM(UTC)

My Amana (SRD27S4L) was moved from one house to another and when it got to the new house and was plugged in, after several hours it will trip the breaker. I have tried it on different plugs and it does the same thing. For several days I could re-set the breaker and after several hours it will do the same, but now it will trip the breaker right away.