Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
skikt22 Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 9:53:05 AM(UTC)

Rather than order the tool, just use a crescent wrench or needle nose vice grips. Spread them far enough to get in the gaps , push down keeping positive pressure on the nut, and use a set of pliers to turn the nut. It works and if you are careful you will not ding the nut.

Also if your burners are not working it can be several items.

1. Bad electrode.
2. Bad spark switch.
3. Bad solenoid valve
4. Bad potentiometer
5. Bad simmer controller
6. Bad spark controller.

Check the first three before you start ordering kits or swapping controllers. I had am XLO burner not working and all the web advice pointed to the new simmer kit ($160 or so)

I pulled it apart, noticed the electrode had a lot of gunk, and as I had one replaced it before I started to put it back together to trouble shoot the spark switch and potentiometer.

Turned out that corrected the issue even though if I followed the Thermador trouble shooting guide it should not have.

Cost $5 (bought these a couple years ago), instead of $160.
woodyw Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:27:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The burners on your cooktop are very different. Thermador called them Star Burners. I found the part number for the Thermador spanner wrench designed specifically to use on Star Burners. This tool is very expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth to buy it.

- The spanner wrench Part number: AP2837957
Part number: AP2837957

Gene.

wow. it is expensive. maybe it is cheaper to ask someone to coming to fix it for me.
Thank you Gene for looking!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:10:05 PM(UTC)

The burners on your cooktop are very different. Thermador called them Star Burners. I found the part number for the Thermador spanner wrench designed specifically to use on Star Burners. This tool is very expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth to buy it.

- The spanner wrench Part number: AP2837957
Part number: AP2837957

Gene.
woodyw Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:45:01 AM(UTC)

You never posted the model number. What is it?

Gene.

It is PCS366US
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:18:02 AM(UTC)

You never posted the model number. What is it?

Gene.
woodyw Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 6:20:41 PM(UTC)

Just received the tool and unfortunately it doesn't fit :(

One end is too wide to fit in the hole and the other end is too small. I double checked and the model number is correct.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:55:29 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: woodyw Go to Quoted Post
Yes. Just talked to them. It is a special ordered tool. It takes 2-4 weeks to ship.

Unfortunately I do not see any other solution.

Gene.
woodyw Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:52:34 AM(UTC)

Have you speak with the APP customer service regarding the ETA on this tool?

Gene.

Yes. Just talked to them. It is a special ordered tool. It takes 2-4 weeks to ship.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:21:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: woodyw Go to Quoted Post
I have similar problems and not sure what to use to remove the ring. The ring tool suggested by Gene is out of order on the site. Can't imagin socket will do the trick, there is not room to stuck the socket in. Any other suggestion? thanks

Have you speak with the APP customer service regarding the ETA on this tool?

Gene.
woodyw Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:59:36 AM(UTC)

I have similar problems and not sure what to use to remove the ring. The ring tool suggested by Gene is out of order on the site. Can't imagin socket will do the trick, there is not room to stuck the socket in. Any other suggestion? thanks