Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
stuttsmomof2 Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 9:36:42 AM(UTC)

sounds like we are having the same problem. is your dryer working on the fluff cycle? How did you find out about a termal fuse? I was told by Whirlpool it might be the heating element.
macmom Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 7:50:39 AM(UTC)

Gene, Can you give me specific intructions on how to check our machine, the heating element has a connection on either end and there are 2 other things with wires going in and I am not sure which is the fuse etc... I know the machine is more than 13 years old but don't know exactly how old. Thanks!
macmom Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:33:47 PM(UTC)

Gene, I have read your other posts about checking continuity, they were for newer dryers, is there anything that might be different about mine that I will need to tell my husband to check ours? He will be doing it when he gets home from work tomorrow, thanks for your help.
macmom Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:23:25 AM(UTC)

Yes my husband can perform those tasks, we just have to pull it out and get the back off. I will have to get him to do it on Sunday because I am going out of town tomorrow morning early and I know he won't feel like doing it after work tonight. I read one of your other posts walking someone through this process, you are a very kind man! I will post after he checks everything and let you know what we find. Thanks Gene!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:35:35 PM(UTC)

You have to have an Ohmmeter to check a few parts for continuity in order to fix the dryer and save some $$$. Let us know when you ready.

Gene.
macmom Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:28:45 PM(UTC)

I think my heating element just burned out on my dryer. It is more than 13 years old and I have never had a problem with it. Tonight I dried a load of clothes that had a chenille blanket in it, the blanket creates a lot of lint, I checked it once and pulled out a bunch but then forgot about it until the load had finished and the lint shoot was packed with lint. I am guessing this would have overheated the element causing it to burn out but am wondering if it could be the thermal fuse instead.