Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tino2003 Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:27:19 PM(UTC)

It is working fine but I see frost. I don't know if it is normal to have some frost . I will buy the defroster on Aug. 1st when I get my Social Security. Thanks again I will let you know my progress.

Tino
tino2003 Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:24:03 PM(UTC)

It is working fine butr I see frost. I don't know if it is nor to have some frost . I will but the defroster on the Aug. 1st when I get my Social Security. Thanks again I will let you know my progress.

Tino
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:18:10 AM(UTC)

My mission is to explain in everyday common language how to repair household appliances,refrigeration,commercial kitchen equipment,Ice machines and HVAC. I not only need to have the knowledge involved, I need to do it in a way that everyone can understand. I will make a note of this for future reference. Did you get the refrigerator's defrost system up to snuff yet? Is it fixed?
tino2003 Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 7:31:42 AM(UTC)

OK thanks that why I was a little confused I am not a tech.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 6:39:07 AM(UTC)

A Terminator is a tech slang for defrost thermostat.
tino2003 Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:46:59 PM(UTC)

I don't have a part named terminator on this frig but I think you are referring to the Defrost Thermostat Assembly. I will replact that first.

Thanks again.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:02:33 PM(UTC)

The defrost timer runs the ice box for 8 hours. At the end of that shift the defrost heater kicks in and the compressor takes a 21 minutes rest. The heat slowly climbs into the freezer evap compartment until it warms enough to melt the frost on those coils but does not effect the temperature of the food in the freezer. The defrost terminator takes care of that by killing the power to the heater before it gets too warm inside the freezer to affect the temperature of the freezer food. If any of these component are faulty then ice will buildup in the freezer.
tino2003 Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:21:21 PM(UTC)

I recognize it. In the diagram it is titled Defrost Thermostat Assembly. it's a clip on. Am i about rihgt? I think that might be my problem because it is icing up again but more slowly. Mine has two wires leading from it. Your frig is different from what I have. But I know they alll work under the same principle. I will replace the defrost thermostat. I think that is what you call the terminator.

Thanks
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 6:43:49 AM(UTC)

check it out the terminator is a small thermo disk wired directly to the heater with one wire:a water valve double.jpgfind the heater up in here and the little bitty terminator will be attached to it with a wire.It looks like this:dryer coil kit.jpg
tino2003 Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 12:10:28 AM(UTC)

I cleand something under the frig that right of the compressor and has a fan blowing air into it. Left about 7 inches of space between the wall and the frig. It has been woking fine since. Do you what I am talking about and what it is. The frig don't run 8 hours though maybe it is because I don't open it regularly?

Why don't you tell me where the terminator is because I see no such thing in diagrams i have seen. Would really like the location of the terminator.

Thanks again.