Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tnichols Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:24:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bmar Go to Quoted Post
What did you end up doing? I am having the same problem. This is the first time it has happened to me. One belt did break but now it was smoking and rubber smell. I am not for sure what to do. I started to do a test run but it still is giving off the burnt smell. I wish some one knew what to do.

First thing I did was to buy two belts, so I had a quick spare. Then I sanded down the pullies. They were rough. I smoothed the part of the pully where the belt runs. Its been a few weeks (in a rental house) and so far it is holding and not smoking.

Good luck with yours, Tom...
bmar Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:44:00 AM(UTC)

What did you end up doing? I am having the same problem. This is the first time it has happened to me. One belt did break but now it was smoking and rubber smell. I am not for sure what to do. I started to do a test run but it still is giving off the burnt smell. I wish some one knew what to do.
tnichols Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2008 6:31:30 AM(UTC)

I bought another spare belt and I am using the washer. It is working, but the belt and pully still gets very hot. I guess if it happens again, I should just buy a new washer. Unless anyone else has any other ideas? I am stumped on this one.
tnichols Posted: Friday, July 4, 2008 10:03:00 PM(UTC)

Washer started to smell like burning rubber. I pulled the cover to find the belt was burnt in one spot.

I bought a new belt and after about 20 wash loads, the belt was burning again.

I just bought a second new belt and installed it. Now I can smell it burning again. I felt the motor pully and it was very hot. Actually burnt my fingers. I wonder if the pully should be that hot?

Washer works through all cycles. But continues to burn belts. I don't see any broken parts and everything seems to move freely. But you can smell the rubber belt bruning. Every now and then I can hear someting rattling in there somewhere, but I can't tell where it is coming from.

Not sure what to check next. Maybe its time for a new washer?