Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:14:33 AM(UTC)

You can pull the kick panel off under the door and check for suspension parts disconnected. If you find something, you will need to pull the top off to fix.
bruciemom Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:53:15 AM(UTC)

Also - my dryer is stacked on top of the washer, if that makes any difference (can't just pull the top off...)
bruciemom Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:52:10 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the tip but I'm not a do-it-yourselfer. I can do the first part at least, and if it spins OK, is it then likely to be a repair that won't cost nearly as much as a new washer?
richappy Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:48:58 AM(UTC)

I would reach inside the tub and see if it spins "ok", the spider spin bsket support may just be broken. If ok, pull off the top and check the suspension springs and struts. See if the tub is supported on all sides.
bruciemom Posted: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:20:10 PM(UTC)

Something must have come loose, because the last time I used the washer, the spin cycle started and it sounded like a giant had was crashing through my laundry room! This washer is sorta old but not *old* old and I'd like not to have to buy a new one. But it costs so much to have someone even come take a look at it - I need to know whether this is a minor vs. major repair so I can decide to fix or replace it. Thanks so very much for any help you can give.